InterBase Data Access Components (IBDAC) is a library of non-visual components for Delphi, Delphi for .NET, C Builder, and Lazarus (Free Pascal) that provides access to InterBase, Firebird and Yaffil database servers. IBDAC uses the InterBase client directly to connect to the server. The IBDAC library is designed to help programmers develop faster and cleaner InterBase database applications.
IBDAC is a complete replacement for standard InterBase connectivity solutions. It presents an efficient alternative to InterBase Express Components and the Borland Database Engine for access to InterBase.
IBDAC is a direct connectivity database wrapper built specifically for the InterBase server. IBDAC offers wide coverage of the InterBase feature set, and emphasizes optimized data access strategies.
- Direct access to server data. Does not require installation of other data provider layers (such as BDE and ODBC)
- VCL, VCL.NET, and CLX versions of library available
- Full support of the latest versions of InterBase, Firebird and Yaffil database servers
- Support for all InterBase data types
- Disconnected Model with automatic connection control for working with data offline
- Local Failover for detecting connection loss and implicitly re-executing certain operations
- All types of local sorting and filtering, including by calculated and lookup fields
- Automatic data updating with TIBCQuery and TIBCTable components
- Unicode and national charsets support
- InterBase Events support
- Advanced script execution functionality with TIBCScript component
- Support for using Macros in SQL
- Easy migration from BDE and IBX with Migration Wizard
- Lets you use Professional Edition of Delphi, C Builder, and Kylix to develop client/server applications
- Includes annual IBDAC Subscription with Priority Support
- Licensed royalty-free per developer, per team, or per site